Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My ex decide to send me in court because on my supposed day with my kids i have bring them back to her and not spend all weekend with them because i need go to work.Now what should expect?

Asked on 7/08/13, 5:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As best I can understand from your description of the situation, there is a visitation order that gives you time with your kids that you did not fully abide by. Specifically, you brought them back to the mother early because you had to work. If my understanding of your situation is correct, then the mother has every right to ask a court to find that you violated an order of visitation. Rather than sit and wait for the court date to come, I suggest that you file your own court action and ask the court to change your visitation days so that they fit in better with your work schedule. In this way, the court will see that you want to visit with your children, but need a different schedule because of your work situation, rather than your children's mother walking into court to make you look like the bad guy.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 5:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now