New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/18/13, 6:32 am

My ex-husband and I have 50/50 custody of our children. He does not have to pay me any child support.

But he is responsible for 50% of the children's expenses as am I. We are officially divorced as of Aug last year.

Even after providing him the receipts of the payments I made towards children's expenses, he has neither responded nor transferred me his half for several months now.

I represented myself in court for the financial proceedings so I am seeking advice on how to proceed.

To attempt to collect these payments legally, do I need to first file a case in court or can I use the divorce case? And do I need to file a petition or an order to show cause? Thanks.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search