Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My ex-husband and I have 50/50 custody of our children. He does not have to pay me any child support.

But he is responsible for 50% of the children's expenses as am I. We are officially divorced as of Aug last year.

Even after providing him the receipts of the payments I made towards children's expenses, he has neither responded nor transferred me his half for several months now.

I represented myself in court for the financial proceedings so I am seeking advice on how to proceed.

To attempt to collect these payments legally, do I need to first file a case in court or can I use the divorce case? And do I need to file a petition or an order to show cause? Thanks.

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

I would need to see the terms of your divorce agreement. You should have an attorney review it for you.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York