New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/15/13, 11:08 am

My husband and I lived in NY for 8 years. We had separate checking accounts and separate credit cards. We then moved to CA. He opened 2 additional credit cards in CA (I did not co-sign). We lived there together for 22 months. I have since moved back to NY. He still lives in CA. He has $0 income and I know that he is running his credit cards into debt. I cannot file for divorce in NY until I live here for 1 year. NY & CA have different laws concerning credit cards. Once my husband's credit cards to go collections (which will happen), are collectors going to come after me? What options do I have?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search