Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I have lived in a private residence for 10 yrs. with a man, never married, he owns the home, my name is not on deed. We have broken up and he now wants to evict me. What are my rights. We have no children and I have contributed to house bills.

Asked on 5/29/10, 9:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have a claim for "palimony" depending on the circumstances. It's not easy to win such a suit. You need to speak to a divorce lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/10, 2:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now