Legal Question in Family Law in New York

In NYS if the custodial parent of a child has their spouse adopt the child. Does the non-custodial parent still remain obligated to pay child support?

Asked on 7/12/13, 2:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The non-custodial parent will have to agree to the adoption. If he agrees and the adoption takes place, he will no longer be obligated to pay child support since he will no longer be the legal parent of the child.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 3:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now