New York  |  Immigration Law

I've been in this country 19 yrs, I never got cought by immigration I have 2 kids who were born here would it be possible to get my green card because I've been here for more than 10 yrs. And if so how long would it take for me to get it?

Answered on: 8/10/13, 5:54 pm by Marlene Hemmings

You cannot get a greencard just based on your presence in the U.S., unless you are in Removal proceedings, in which you could apply for Cancellation of Removal (but there is no guarantee that it would be granted).

If there is some sort of immigration reform implemented in the future, then you might be eligible for that.

At this time, you might be eligible for Deferred Action (DACA); see www.uscis.gov for more details, & search "DACA" or "Deferred Action".

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364

Answered on: 8/11/13, 4:45 pm by Rahul Manchanda, Esq.

You might be able to file a Provisional Waiver I-601A which was a new law ushered in by President Obama in March 2013 if you have US Citizen or Greencard immediate relatives in the United States, in addition to the relief described above. Please call my law office at 2129688600 to dicuss further. Regards, RDM

Manchanda Law Offices & Associates PLLC 14 Wall Street, 20th Floor New York, NY 10005

Answered on: 8/12/13, 8:20 am by ANUJ SHARMA, ESQ.

You may be eligible to file a Provisional Waiver I-601A based on the extreme hardship to your immediate family and may be eligible for a Green card. Please call us at 646-492-9700 for further assistance.

A SHARMA LAW FIRM, PLLC 116-14, 101ST AVENUE Richmond Hill, NY 11419