Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

A friend came here from nigeria, and while here had a baby. she does not want to stay but the doctors told her that her baby has a faulty heart. she wants to return to nigeria before she looses her job; but she wants her child to get the medical help she needs, so her husband wants to come here for a few weeks, to care for his child and get the medical help the child needs.

the woman and child are still here and the father of the child put in for a visa (twice) and was denied, stating that they will become a public charge.

what can they do so that the woman can return to nigeria and her husband comes here to continue the childs treatment and when done, return to nigeria with the child.

Asked on 7/01/13, 6:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please call us at A Sharma Law Firm to discuss this complex issue. We hope and shall try our best to provide you with a solution.

Anuj Sharma, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 12:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now