Legal Question in Employment Law in New York

Over payment by Employer

The VP of sales brought to my attention 2 months after the fact that I was overpaid in my 2nd quarter commission payout in the sum of $6000. Is my employer entitled to a refund? What are my rights and options?

Asked on 11/02/07, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Van-Lare The Law Office of Albert Van-Lare
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Over payment by Employer

You have no rights here. You cannot keep money that you did not earned. If the employer had underpaid you and you find out six months after the fact you will be entitled to your money . The best you can do is negotiate a repayment plan or charge it against future earnings.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/07, 7:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now