New York  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/18/12, 2:07 pm

If someone receives a "draw" instead of a salary from their employer, which has nothing withheld from it, and they get a 1099 at year end after paying quarterly estimated tax payments, can that person collect unemployment benefits if they are let go? My question is basically whether a person is entitled to unemployment benefits if their compensation from the firm is 1099 income and not W-2 income?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search