New York  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/28/13, 8:22 am


I live in NYC in 6 story building on a six floor and have 2 elevators.

One of them is not working for 2 years and the second is stop working for about 2 month from January 3, and still both of them not operable. Is this a breach of warranty of habitability?

Do we entitle for to a rent abatement? Can I stop paying rent and wait till they take me to the court?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search