Legal Question in Product Liability in New York

So I recently got a car from a buy here pay here place in NY state. Ive had it for about almost 4 months and had nothing but problems since I got it. The guy I was making payments to said he would fix it if anything went wrong. A week after having it he had to come get it on a flat bed cuz it wouldnt start....he said he replaced the plugs and brought it back. Then after having it a few months it ate thru brand new snow tires. Now it wont go over 22 mph......so I stopped making the payment and 3 weeks later he came and got it. I told him to keep it and he said I had to either pay the 3 weeks I owe and pay to fix it and get it back, or I would have to pay all that plus the tow and he was taking me to court. What can I do? I dont want it if its gonna keep costing me more then its worth!!

SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN LAW OFFICES OF SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN, ESQ.,

You bought the car at your own risk. Find out if he accepts partial payment to release you and it should be done in writing and by check.

More Products Liability questions and answers in New York

Products Liability Legal Forms