Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

My father in law wants to remove himself from the deed of the property. He wants my wife to refinance the mortgage and put it under our llc. Can this be done?

Asked on 6/07/13, 5:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I'm not sure if you're asking whether or not your wife's LLC can take a loan out, or whether the LLC can take title and your wife can personally secure the loan. Assuming that you are talking about the latter, It is certainly possible, however, I would expect any bank that would okay such a financing arrangement would require BOTH your wife and the LLC to sign all loan documents.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now