Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

About 5 to 6 months ago I was arrested for criminal possession of stolen property in the 3rd degree so I had a class E felony which was dropped to a class A misdemeanor. I was sentenced to have 3 year's of probation which im currently on. I recently had police contact, I was getting a ride home from a friend and he got pulled over and the cop searched them and when he got to me I didn't have ANYTHING Illegal on me and I was given an appearance ticket. when the cop searched the car he found a bag of pot and a bottle with barely any achohol in it, I wasn't drinking or smoking the bottle wasn't mine and the pot wasn't either. my question is, if none of that was mine and I was let go with an appearance ticket will my charges from my past crime come back up or will it be thrown out because honestly I don't think I should get introuble for something I had nothing to do with I was only getting a ride home.

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

What were you charged with? The automobile presumption does not apply to marijuana. You need a good criminal defense lawyer. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York