Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

My sister recently died, who lived in Detroit Mich, and owns two homes plus a bank acct ( NO WILL) . I live in NYC. Do I need a Michigan lawyer to settle her estate, or can I get a NYC lawyer? I'm the next of kin

Thank you

Asked on 6/16/13, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The estate proceeding must be filed where she lived. You need an attorney lic. in Mich.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 2:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now