Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

If I have received a supbpoena to appear and testify in magistrate court and I can not show due to distance and job what can I do?

Asked on 10/11/11, 8:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Kash Law Office of Gregory M. Kash
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The subpoena requires your attendance, and you can be held in contempt of court for failing to appear. You are entitled to witness fees if you appear, but have to go to the Clerk's office to make the request. Additionally, your employer is required by law to honor that subpoena, and not to take any adverse employment action due to the subpoena.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/11, 10:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now