North Carolina  |  Construction Law

Can I sue a contractor for roofing my house in a color that I didn't approve of?

I am a paraplegic who used to be a building contractor, disabled income is a small social security check. I have my house in son's name but retained a life estate that allows me total control of house even up to selling if I wish. My roof started leaking because it was worn out and my mom said she would pay to get a new roof put on. The contractor showed up and started replacing the roof. I had never saw a shingle sample of colors. I thought he had took a tab off my roof to get a match. When they got to the front I saw that the shingle color was a total mismatch and talked to him. He said it would cost him money to take shingles to change. I told him I would take them and it wouldn't cost him a dime. He just kept putting them on. I told him he could leave the ones on the back of the house