Legal Question in Consumer Law in North Carolina

I have a car im selling and there is a lien on the title. The guy i sold it to recently had a rear end accident, i was not informed about the accident i just happened to find out from a buddy of mine. I also just found out yesterday that he is going to start parting the car out. So my question is can he do that if the title is under a lien and he still has payments to be made?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Unfortunately, you didn't make a very safe deal. Never sell a car without getting it out of your name quickly. In this case, it will depend on what you all agreed to. Without a written agreement, you will have a hard time proving the terms. Further, you can attempt to sue him, but whether you collect or not is another story. You need to have a consultation with an attorney in your area.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Consumer Law Legal Forms