Legal Question in Consumer Law in North Carolina

I recently purchased a car and signed my husbands name to the documents. He was in Iraq at the time but I had his permission to do so (no power of attorney). I found out later that the car I bought had a salvage title but I was unaware. I did sign the Damage Disclosure Form (but did not realize what I was signing). Is there any recourse pertaining to me signing the paperwork without me getting in trouble for fraud?

Asked on 2/28/13, 2:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It sounds like you want to use the fact that you signed for your husband on the documents as a way to get out of the contract. The only way this can work is if your husband pursues this claim, in which case, he would have to claim you signed his name without permission, leading to a potential forgery or fraud action.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/13, 9:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now