North Carolina  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/08/13, 1:23 pm

I was dating someone who obviously scammed me out of money. I would like to take it to small claims. I believe his intention is not to pay. He works at a federal job and probably is in the executive level. He lives in Maine and so did I at the time. I have moved to North Carolina. He is relocating to Puerto Rico. I sent a demand letter with 30 days to pay in full; however the county in which he lives said I did not need to do this and could just file small claims. Where his intentions are to leave Maine in the near future, my question is although I sent a demand letter can I turn around now and just file small claims. When he received the letter of demand he left a voicemail and text threatening to call the police on me for harassment. Any advice would be most appreciated

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search