Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

I was given a prayer for judgement...what does that mean...I only had to pay a fine...I am filling out job applications and they ask if I have been convicted of a crime and I don't know how to answer that question honestly with out going into detail

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

A prayer for judgment is not a conviction so if the application ask for convictions, you don't have to include it. If the application asks for charges or pending actions, you have to include it. A Prayer for Judgment Continued or PJC is when the Court holds open your case to see if you meet the conditions of the judgment. If you do, you can later seek to have the charges dismissed. Many times a PJC can stay "active" for many years. You will want to confirm the status of your particular PJC with a criminal defense attorney in your area, because if a criminal check is done, this will show up on it.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina