Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

What are the usual ramifications of a underage possession and consumption of alcohol charge in North Carolina?

Asked on 8/24/13, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You would need to consult a local criminal attorney in the county you were charged in. The outcome of a case like this depends on many factors - here are several of them:

- who the ADA and judge are,

- whether this is your first offense or not,

- what your prior record is,

- whether you were polite to the arresting officer or a jerk,

- how old you were at the time of the offense,

- what you wear to court and how you conduct yourself at court

In some districts you may be allowed to earn a dismissal or a PJC by doing a bit of community service. The charge does carry the potential for jail time however, for most people, the worst you are usually facing is court cost and a fine.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 7:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now