Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

I was charged with DWI before I had a driver's license. I want to get a driver's license now and have to take classes that require the results of my breathalyzer test. The problem is there is no notation of the result of the breathalyzer anywhere. I checked with the police station and clerk of court. Nobody can tell me anything....so frustrated. What can I do?

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

If you submitted to a breather test, you should have been given a copy of the results. If you have lost them - well, that's kinda on you. The clerk of courts office should have a copy. The breath test results are also usually listed on the citation for DWI along with the officers affidavit. Again documents that should be on file at the clerks office unless your case is really old. It's odd that your classes 'require' breath tests results because you can certianly be charged and convicted of DWI without taking any breath test.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina