Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

back child support

I live in Florida. I had a remodification of child support in 2001 from 378 to 719 for my 2 children. Since then, my daughter has gotten in trouble in NC and is now a ward of the state. I am now paying voluntary child support of 571 to NC (which i have no problem paying). My ex-husband currently is not paying support for her. He is military and I continue to receive a check for 706 each month from my home state of FL. Since my daughter is not with me, I send half of the 706 back to him. I am owed back child support from my ex from previous years. Should I be sending this money back to him? Is it my legal right to keep the amout due me until the back child support is paid?

Moses Williams Moses E. Williams, Attorney at Law

Re: back child support

I would need more information to advise you on this legal problem. I am available to consult with you on this case.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina