North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/10/03, 1:53 pm

ex husband is in NC and doesnt pay any maintenance

divorced in Jan 03. he moved to America to be with his internet love in April 01 and hasnt paid any money to help raise his 2 kids. He also left a debt of 6,000 which i am liable to pay and have been doing. Is there any way i can get money from him ? He says hes not working but when i called his wife said he wasnt in from work yet so suspect he is working illegally and he has asked me to wait till he gets his work visa sorted out and he will send money but after 2 yrs of nothing i doubt i will get a cent!

Please Help, i live in the UK and the attorneys here dont know much about American state laws.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search