Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

power of attorney .......my girlfriend gave power of attorney to her parents 3years ago, between then and now the parent and grandparents have moved to another state(MISSOURI to NC) AFTER MOVING to nc and living with her parents for 6 months , SHE AND I ,and the baby moved into an apartment than a house, for about a year and a half, the three of us just recently moved back in with her parents , ,,,my question is with the 3 of us living living in a seperate house away from my girlfriends parents have lifted the power of attorney ? we recently had a argument and the grandparents threatened to take the baby , who is 4yrs btw

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

The power of attorney has absolutely nothing to do with custody and who gets your daughter. The power of attorney is not revoked by moving out or away...it must be revoked by your wife. You and your wife need to speak to a family law attorney to see what you need to do to confirm custody is not taken from you.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina