North Carolina  |  Insurance Law

My question is about a car crash. i have revoked drivers license in nc 2days ago i was on the highway and i had car trouble so i pulled over and to make a long story short i looked before i pulled back in rd an a car was far back when i pulled out out of nowhere the car crashed into my rear end. i was cited driving with no license and failure to yeild the other driver was charged with speeding because he was on cell phone and admitted to speeding and told officer that he saw something up ahead but didnt get over in time the question is what should i do am i at fault it was a bad wreck and both cars are totaled

Answered on: 7/12/13, 6:29 pm by Kenneth Love

You may very well be. Although in NC we have a law called contributory negligence. This means that if both of you were at fault for the accident, neither can collect from the other. You could be seen at fault, because you were not allowed to drive and the office believed you did not yield the right of way.

The other person is at fault due to speeding and using a cell phone. In this scenario, you both most likely will need to get the repairs done with your own insurance plans.

You should consult a personal injury attorney for an indepth analysis

Ken Love Law 3410 Healy Drive Winston Salem, NC 27103