North Carolina  |  Legal Ethics

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/31/13, 1:47 pm

My fiance was at work and was driving one of the work trucks owned by the company. He barely rear ended a trailer that was also owned by the company he works for. It only put a small dent in it, and when he called his boss he said it was no big deal and that he would have the insurance cover it. Later that afternoon, his boss called him back and told him if he didnt file a police report that he was going to fire my fiance. So he called the police and they came to his office, and on the phone his boss claimed he told him to file a police report, even though he did not. The police said the only thing he could do was put it on the company insurance and then they left. Now, my fiance's boss is making him pay 1300 dollars for the damages. Can he do this? Should we see a lawyer?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search