North Carolina  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/24/11, 5:05 pm

Three days ago someone ran over my parked motorcycle in a parking lot. The driver of the car has insurance. However, it looks like my motorcyle may be totaled as the estimated cost of repairs appears to be over the Blue Book value of the motorcycle. This motorcycle was in mint condition. I had planned to keep this for many years to come and owed only $1800.00 on it. If the insurance compnay "totals" the mortorcycle and I receive Blue Book value, this means I have to go backwards - into debt again and basically start over to replace my motorcycle. Is it possible to take the person who ran over my motorcycle to small claims court to recoup the difference between what the insurance company pays and what it will cost me to replace my motorcycle?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search