North Carolina  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/10/13, 7:14 am


My mother passed in December of 2012. She was the full time care giver to my father, who is blind with a brain injury. He can function and live by himself now but he can't make it outside to walk or drive to get the necessities that he need. So I have become his care giver since moms death. Before my mothers death she had my name put on most all of their cash assets (bank, retirement, etc..). She didn't however put my name (even though she wanted to, but I insisted she didn't need to) on the car that they own outright worth $7K and 2 homes that they own. The homes consist of one mobile home that is permanently installed on an acre lot and is completely paid for. It's value is $90-100K. The other home is a traditionally constructed home which sits on a quater acre in a community, and carries a $50k mortgagee balance. It's value is $180-200k. both homes and car are deeded a in Cabarrus County in NC

Is a "Quit Claim" form the best option for adding my name to the homes? Thanks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search