Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

legal writs from joint savings and house liens

I was engaged for almost five years, had joint savings account. We bought and sold a home together, profit went into savings account. Without my promission he took my half of the money and let the person he was buying house #2 from use it for closing costs. He had her sign a promissary note. Now he is wanting to sell home #2. Do I have any legal recourse to obtain the $9000 that was my half of the sell from home #1?

Asked on 8/03/99, 12:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Melody Stickel-Martinez Melody Stickel-Martinez, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: legal writs from joint savings and house liens

Contact an attorney in your area. You need to take legal action immediately. You should also put a lien on the other house to protect your interest to be sure you can be paid back from the other house. Therefore, contact an attorney in your area as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/99, 10:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now