Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

repost the house we rented is not owned by the person that we signed the lease with. we have asked for this person to refund our money along with the deposit and they are refusing to do so. can I take them to court and make them reimburse us for moving expenses and other stress that they have brought to or family and children from having to move again after just a few months. the rightful owner of the property has a lawyer that contacted us and informed us that the lease is void due to them not owning the residence. what can we due to be compensated for this

Asked on 6/19/13, 11:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, again, you can take them to court and sue for a number of damages. Whether you actually collect or not is another story. You should consult with an attorney as you may have some valuable damages.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 6:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now