Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

i hurt my back at work i sign a f 26a for a settlemt but still can go to the dr when need when should i get my settlement and what happen if i get were i cant work cause of my back will work com pick up and pay when i am out of work

Asked on 5/29/13, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Bollinger Bollinger Law Firm PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

After getting paid on the Form 26A you have two years to file a Form 18 or Form 33 to reopen your case for a "change of condition." That is what you have to do if your back gets worse and you have to come out of work. If you simply need more medical treatment, you have two years to get it. It is possible that the insurance carrier will voluntarily provide that, but more likely, you will have to file a medical motion or a change of condition petition to get them to do it.

Read more
5/29/13, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now