Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

Strikes/Unions affect on permanent replacement worker on workers comp

I was hired as a permanent replacement worker at a factory where the unionized workers were on strike. Several months after I was injured on the job. It was a major trauma and my doctor has already said I will have a permanent disability but I do not have the mmi% yet. The strike was just settled and I received a letter with the option of buyout due to the need for openings to be made for unionized workers to return to work. How will this affect me & my case. Can they stop my checks? Insurance? Paying medical bills? Are they (the company) still liable due to my temporary total disability? Iam unable to work right now....can you give me some answers? Thank you.

Asked on 9/24/99, 8:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eleanor MacCorkle Eleanor MacCorkle, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Strikes/Unions affect on permanent replacement worker on workers comp

You are entitled to temporary total worker's compensation benefits until your doctor's determines you are able to return to work. You need to consult an attorney you can review the buy out agreement to determine what effect if any it may have you your future rights under worker's compensation

Read more
Answered on 9/27/99, 4:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now