Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

Worker's Comp

I fell at work 06/06 broke my pateela in 3 places..had surgery- returned to work-recieved 10% settlement.. did fine. 08/08 fell at work - have a fractured femeral and meniscuss tear.. they have asked did I remember a 10% settlement.. what can I expect from this second injury to my knee as far as w/c treatment (not as a settlement) cannot weight bear - still waiting for PT to keep knee moving-they want to see if the fracture will heal..

Asked on 8/30/08, 3:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Camak Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Worker's Comp

I think you can expect wc to pay for the medical treatment rendered for your new injury, as well as for any aggravation of a previous injury. The new injury/aggravation of old injury is causing your current disability, so wc should start paying wage loss benefits. They may try to take a credit for the 10% PPD rating you were previously paid, so make sure your new doctor understands this when the time comes to assign a new rating. Make sure you have filed NCIC Form 18 with the NC Industrial Commission ASAP as well. Read the Bulletin on their website for more NC wc information. Link to their site from our site at Good luck!

Best regards,

S. Neal Camak

Lennon & Camak, PLLC

Raleigh, NC

Read more
Answered on 9/02/08, 10:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now