Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

I'm 17 and in 11th grade. On the 3rd day of school I was accused of doing and trying to sell pills. I confessed to doing so and wrote and signed a statement though there was no proof I had any drugs in the building or had even taken any. Can I get out of a drug trafficking charge if I admitted to trying to sell the pills even though I had no drugs on me?

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group

First let me say that you are extremely lucky you are not 18 yet. You will be given a lawyer at some stage, so do NOT talk to anyone without your lawyer there. You can be guilty of trafficking if you simply tell someone you will sell a pill to him or her. They are not required to prove your possession. You will not likely be in major trouble, but just get a lawyer or one will be given to you when you go to court.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio