Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

I'm 17 and in 11th grade. On the 3rd day of school I was accused of doing and trying to sell pills. I confessed to doing so and wrote and signed a statement though there was no proof I had any drugs in the building or had even taken any. Can I get out of a drug trafficking charge if I admitted to trying to sell the pills even though I had no drugs on me?

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group

First let me say that you are extremely lucky you are not 18 yet. You will be given a lawyer at some stage, so do NOT talk to anyone without your lawyer there. You can be guilty of trafficking if you simply tell someone you will sell a pill to him or her. They are not required to prove your possession. You will not likely be in major trouble, but just get a lawyer or one will be given to you when you go to court.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY