Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

how can i dismiss an obstructing official police buisness charge. I totaled my car and fled from the scene in panic and want to know how to get the charges of fleeing the scene and obstructing police buisness dropped or reduced.

Asked on 4/10/13, 7:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Ohio, it is illegal to leave the scene of an accident, but unless you did something more than that, I'm not seeing facts in your description of what went on that would justify a charge of obstruction of police business. The general rule is that if two offenses have the exact same elements of the crime, then one merges into the other.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/13, 10:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now