Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

If two friends and i were cought with 3 grams of marijuana and 2 bowls. along with a grinder, a auto roller for joints and some papers. We all said it was all of ours, and it is our first offense. The cop said he will try to make it easy on us, what ever that means. But what would be the consequences, could we possibly end up in jail on a first offense? We live in Wapakoneta Ohio please some one help me

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

As I explained in my earlier answer (perhaps to your friend) the marijuana offense is a minor misdemeanor punishable by a $150 fine. The paraphernalia offenses are fourth degree misdemeanor offenses punishable by up to 30 days in jail and up to a $750 fine. That is your worst-case scenario. Your best case scenario depends on your judge, your prosecutor, and the evidence against you. A criminal defense attorney can help you achieve your best case scenario, whatever it may be.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio