Ohio  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/03/13, 10:24 pm

Recently I was been cited for paraphernalia charge, this is a first offense and I have court in the next couple days. Although I was cited for the paraphernalia there wasn't any actual drugs in the vehicle. I am a currently a full-time student receiving financial aid. What plea would you advise I take? Also, would it aid me to show evidence that I am a productive member of society (school transcript)? If I do plead not guilty and are found guilty in the end, is it likely that the judge will be harsher?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/04/13, 2:24 pm by Joseph Jacobs

Since this is an actual criminal offense you really should plead not guilty at your arraignment. Once you've done that you will be given a lawyer if you can't afford one, but at the very least you will be given a pre-trial date to hopefully resolve the case with the prosecutor. Don't just simply take a conviction. Save the good things you've done in your life for the prosecutor, not the arraignment judge... Call me directly after your not guilty plea and I'll guide you thru this. 216.952.1990.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Jacobs Legal Group 15614 Detroit Avenue Cleveland, OH 44107

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search