Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

In the state of Ohio can my lawyer terminate his client/attorney relationship with me mid-case?

I have had a temporary restraining order since August of 2012 against a next door neighbor who trespassed, stole belongings, and assaulted me. I have an eyewitness to the event. Yet, because this neighbor works as a mechanic for the sheriffs dept, the Judge assigned to my case does not want to hear my case and my attorney is being pressured from the judge who wants my case to 'go away' ; per my attorney. If I do not agree to a 'mutual release', my attorney said he will not represent me. Can he do this? What recourse do I have? There is a 5 year history of the neighbor harassing my family and I and the Judge does not even want to hear any of it. I do not feel safe in my own yard. We have considered a civil lawsuit against him, but would settle for a continuance of a temporary order for ONE year so that we have time to move. A neighbor on the other side of this neighbor has already moved. He is indeed the neighborhodd bully and has gotten away with numerous things because of his connection with the sheriffs office. Please assist if you can. Thank you.

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group

You can release your attorney at any time. If your lawyer doesn't really agree with your effort, cut him or her loose.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio