Ohio  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/09/07, 6:22 pm

childs decision

the question is our daughter is 16 and recently she moved with her mother in sept and now she wants to move back my real question is .is she able to make her own decision? she has lived there since sept of 2006 but wants to move back home where she feels more comfortable.we went threw court because she has never lived there she has always lived with us since birth but the courts seen it as the mother has her rights.but now she has asked her mother and of course she told her no .how could we do this with out going threw as much as we did in the begining.she is not happy there and were trying to give her the proper home living she wants . thank you for your help

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/09/07, 9:01 pm by Frank Rozanc

Re: childs decision

In Ohio, a child cannot make a binding decision as to where she wants to live. If the parties can agree, then anything is possible.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Frank J. Rozanc, Esq. 33145 Vine St., C-33 Eastlake, OH 44095

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search