Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My daughter is 3.5 years old. Her biological father has known about her since the day I found out I was pregnant, he has never seen her or ever showed interest in seeing her . We had a paternity test done at 5 months old and he has been paying child support ($50 a month) since then. His name is not on her birth certificate. If in the future he tries to take me to court for visitation or some sort of custody, what are his chances of getting them? What rights does he have at this moment?

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, right now he has the rights outlined in the court's order establishing him as the father. If there are visitation rights in there, then if he chooses to exercise those, then you either have to abide by that or file for a modification of the visitation schedule arguing that the schedule is not in the child's best interests since he is a virtual stranger to the child.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio