Ohio  |  Military Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/01/09, 11:30 am

Other than Honorable Discharge 10 yrs ago

I received an OTH almost 10 yrs ago for misconduct. I was medicaly injured and was in Medical Rehab Platoon and was caught drinking under age. For this i received an NJP. Soon after this i went UA for 29 days. I was sent to seperations for my medical condition when i got back. Then I was summary court martialed for the UA. I didnt fight it i just wanted to go home the reason i left to begin with. I had personal problems. I was sent home awating orders on appellate leave. One month later i was called to return because there was no grounds for the misconduct charge. I went to my congressmans office and the recruiters office and wrote letters stating i did not wish to return to service. A month later i received my OTH in the mail for misconduct. I served Honorably till then I have a medical record the size of a novel. Is this a good case for a review and getting it upgraded to general under honorable, or an uncharacterized. I waived all my rights before 180 days in service. I have all these documents and i have one document that was forged it is not my signature on it. some documents also are incorrect and have descrpencies from others.

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/02/09, 8:20 am by Michael Eisenberg

Re: Other than Honorable Discharge 10 yrs ago

My office handles Military Records Correction Issues. You may have some options; however, I need to know more details to better assess the situation.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to set up an initial consultation, free of charge. If we set up an appointment, I'd be happy to initiate the call in order to save you in long distance charges.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Michael D.J. Eisenberg, Attorney and Counselor at Law 700 12th Street, NW; Suite 700 Washington, DC 20005

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search