Legal Question in Criminal Law in Oklahoma

If someone was charged with filing a false police report and give 6 months in jail and 500$ fine but pleads not guilty and takes it to trial can they get a longer sentence

Asked on 5/14/12, 2:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Ramey Jay K. Ramey, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The maximum punishment is up to 90 days in jail and a up to a $500 fine. However if an Amber Alert was issued because of the false report the punishment is up to 1 year and up to $1000.

Read more
5/15/12, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Oklahoma

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88099 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino, CA
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now