Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

I have a child custody agreement that states when my ex is out of town on business I am awarded 1st choice to keep the child before he offers to someone else. However he never tells me, until I find out from someone else. Can I take the papers to his employer to require to make me aware?

Bob Adcox Bob Adcox, Attorney At Law

You might not get very far going through his employer (after why should they get in the middle of your and his family issues) I am assuming he has knowledge of when he is going to be out of town and it is not a spare of the moment decision. I think a better solution would be to file contempt charges against him. Contempt is basically disobeying a court's order. I don't know if the court would do too much to him the first time, but if it is a continued habit he will face some extremely harsh punishment by the Court. Good Luck.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma