Oregon  |  Personal Injury

My husband was recently injured at a vacation property in Cannon Beach, Oregon. He stepped off the deck (which was rotten in several places) onto a loose paving stone, which flipped up and resulted in the breaking of his foot. This was a Jones fracture, which is notoriously hard to heal and has been known to cause lasting damage. The home owner's insurance company has agreed to cover medical bills up to $5k no questions asked, which we are quickly blowing through, and offers no support for the months of physical therapy my husband needs, not to mention pain and suffering. For example, I am 39 weeks pregnant and was on bed rest when my husband was injured. Taking care of him/our home/our toddler after the injury resulted in three different preterm labor scares. We also live in a house with 15 stairs, and all showers and bedrooms are upstairs. Lots of inconvenience and misfortune as a result of the accident.

We don't have any personal cash to hire a lawyer with, but we could certainly use a good recommendation for a personal injury attorney in Oregon State (we live in Washington) that might take the case and have legal fees included in the settlement. We took excellent photos of the deck, the paving stone, the injury, and have saved all doctors invoices and xrays, as well as a journal of time lost and personal challenges due to the injury. If we can find a lawyer to help us, we'd be extremely grateful!