Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

I am about to catch criminal charges from stealing a credit card out of someones mailbox and spending 850 dollars on it. I have no priors but i have a decent job at a nursing home, i have 2 questions: Because I stole out of somebodys mailbox and the police have proof of that, will i have to go to federal court? and 2nd question: I have never been in trouble before, anyway i can not have to go sit in jail for a day to be processed because i cannot afford to call of work.

Roger Traversa Arjont Group (Law Office of Roger Traversa)

You need to speak with a criminal attorney immediately. You face potentially serious charges that can be prosecuted severely if the authorities have cause to do so.

Regards,

Roger

I don't know if you are charged with a federal crime of tampering with someone's mail and related offenses or just a state crime. I echo the comments of Attorney Traversa. You need a criminal law attorney IMMEDIATELY.

And you should never have admitted anything here in this forum or elsewhere. If they find out about it the prosecutors can use it. Hopefully, with no priors, your defense attorney can work something out. Maybe you can make restitution and be put on probation.

PS - maybe your attorney can work something out and you can arrangee to turn yourself in and get bond so you will not have to miss too much time.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms