Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

My son was charged with simple assult in a domestic. The whole incident was witnessed by his 11 year old child. My son did not do anything, his wife was intoxicated. A preliminary hearing is scheduled. His wife says she is dropping the charges. Can she do this, and does my son need an attorney.

Asked on 12/29/11, 2:20 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, don;t think twice!!!

Often the District attorney is reluctant to allow a dropping of such a case because of fear of intimidation or coercion. Make sure it is an experienced lawyer in this field.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/11, 4:05 pm
Michael Berman Law Offices of Michael A. Berman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He may be required to have an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/11, 4:11 pm
Joseph Alexander Paletta Law Office of Joseph A. Paletta, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hi, you should definitley consult with an attorney. If this case is within the zipcode you provided, it should be Washington County, correct? I do represent clients who have been charged in Washington County. My office is downtown Pittsburgh, please contact me as soon as possible to schedule an initial consultation.

Joseph Alexander Paletta, Esq. / ap


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/30/11, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now