Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

if your 18 yr old is still in high school and graduates this june, Pennsylvania, shouldn't the child support last until the day of graduation? I received a letter from ex husband who is being represented by his mother in law, stating I am being sued for the monies I've collected for my 18 yr old since he turned 18 in Feb.?

Asked on 5/10/13, 4:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Child support end when the child turns 18 or graduates high school which ever happens LAST. So what law school did his mother in la go to. I don't suppose she has a bar number?


Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 4:32 am
Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are correct that it is graduation from high school or birthday, whichever is later. So, if he sues you, you should win.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 7:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now