Pennsylvania  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/18/07, 9:51 am

terminating rights of father

My daugther's father is not and has never been in her life and he never intends to. I know that technically a father cannot sign away his rights unless there is going to be a step father adoption. I have however heard of one case where this has happened.

A friend of my mom has a daugther who was able to have her ex sign away his rights to their child. My understanding is someone they both signed away their rights and then the birth mother ''technically'' adopted the child simultaneously but the father of course did not.

Have you ever heard of anything like this?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/18/07, 1:10 pm by John Davidson

Re: terminating rights of father

No it can not be done. Besides you would be terminating your child's right to be supported by her father.

Ask to see the paperwork, I doubt that it exists.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of John A. Davidson 107 North Front Street Suite 117 Harrisburg, PA 17101

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search