Legal Question in Health Care Law in Pennsylvania

i have a very sadening case. On june 25th, 2008 i lost my first child while i was 8 months pregnant. The doctors were only seeing me once a month, and two weeks before i lost her, my daughter, i had an ultrasound done and the tech said everything looked great. 2 weeks after the ultrasound i went in for a drs appointment and my little girl had no heartbeat. shortly after my husbdand arrived i was admitted and induced. I was not able to have any epiderals because i had a problem with my white and red blood cells and had to give natural birth. during delivery, i heard the midwife say to the nurse "look how small the placenta is". All we were told about loosing our little girl was that her heart stopped. i was in the hospital for almost a week until my blood cell count was back to normal. In 2009 i got pregnant with my son. I did NOT go back to the first hospital. I saw a specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine during my pregnancy. This doctor flat out told me , that my care was neglected, i should have been going more than once a month, and that i had preclampsia, which turned into eclampsia during delivery which i was i had endured a seizure during delivery. This specialist got all my medical records from when we had our daughter. Do i have a case for some sort of malpractice? Everyday i litterly struggle with the loss of my daughter.. i will never ever ever be the same.. i lost a huge part of me that day that i will never get back. Please, any information will be greatly appreciated....

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

My condolences on your loss.

Consult with a local attorney, however it is likely the statute of limitations has run on any malpractice claim that might have existed. Have a local attorney examine the facts and exceptions that the law may allow.

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Health Care Law Legal Forms