Pennsylvania  |  Health Care Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/24/11, 2:59 pm

i have a very sadening case. On june 25th, 2008 i lost my first child while i was 8 months pregnant. The doctors were only seeing me once a month, and two weeks before i lost her, my daughter, i had an ultrasound done and the tech said everything looked great. 2 weeks after the ultrasound i went in for a drs appointment and my little girl had no heartbeat. shortly after my husbdand arrived i was admitted and induced. I was not able to have any epiderals because i had a problem with my white and red blood cells and had to give natural birth. during delivery, i heard the midwife say to the nurse "look how small the placenta is". All we were told about loosing our little girl was that her heart stopped. i was in the hospital for almost a week until my blood cell count was back to normal. In 2009 i got pregnant with my son. I did NOT go back to the first hospital. I saw a specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine during my pregnancy. This doctor flat out told me , that my care was neglected, i should have been going more than once a month, and that i had preclampsia, which turned into eclampsia during delivery which i was i had endured a seizure during delivery. This specialist got all my medical records from when we had our daughter. Do i have a case for some sort of malpractice? Everyday i litterly struggle with the loss of my daughter.. i will never ever ever be the same.. i lost a huge part of me that day that i will never get back. Please, any information will be greatly appreciated....

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/24/11, 4:05 pm by Glenn Brown

My condolences on your loss.

Consult with a local attorney, however it is likely the statute of limitations has run on any malpractice claim that might have existed. Have a local attorney examine the facts and exceptions that the law may allow.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Real World Law, P.C. 6774 Market St Upper Darby, PA 19082

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search